Pet Dog Saved Family from Carbon Monoxide Poisoning


Ronene Ando and her partner Chris were concerned when their pet pit bull Ruby wouldn’t stop barking which was very unusual.

Pet

Sunny Skyz

“We live on a remote, dead-end street,” Renone said. “It’s not like we have traffic. The neighbor’s dogs weren’t out. If she wants to go out she rings a bell; she doesn’t bark.”

Ronene knew something must going on since Ruby was acting differently and barking non-stop.

“It went on for about an hour and a half I’ll bet… I know that this dog breed is pretty smart. They don’t bark for nothing,” she said.

Pet

Sweet Buffalo

Renone then decided to follow Ruby’s bark and later discovered that their pet had opened the gate at the bottom of the stairs and was sitting close to the garage of the house.

“I opened the garage door and could smell something,” Renone described. “It smelled like propane.”

Upon investigation, she saw the propane heater they recently put up leaking gas.

Renone was relieved she didn’t ignore Ruby’s warning because if it had taken her a while longer they could have died from carbon monoxide poisoning.

Pet

Wepublicisenaija

“Probably, if it weren’t for Ruby, I can’t say. I don’t know,” she said.

“There is no doubt in my mind this girl — after barking for hours in the middle of the night — may have saved our lives.”

The pit bull is a trained therapy dog through Paws for Love with the SPCA but she was not equipped with rescue training.

Pet

Fox News

“Dogs are typically intuitive, I believe that breed is even more so, with all the research I’ve done I think that was it, hands down,” Renone shared.

Ronene and Chris are advocates for pit balls. They want to raise awareness to debunk the many misconceptions about this breed.

“The breed has a bad rap- they are very protective. They are really amazing dogs if they are trained well and kept busy,” she said.

More From: Animals

Send this to a friend